2. John LINVILLE (3273) (Richard) was born on Mon. 24 May 1677 at SSX, ENG. He married Ann (--?--) (3278) in 1706 at Chester Co., PA, USA, when age calculated as 29 years.
He died after 1733 at Conestoga Creek, Lancaster Co., PA, USA, when age calculated as 56 years some sources give circa 1750.
He immigrated before 1706 to USA. He was a farmer.
Ann (--?--) (3278) was born circa 1685 at Chester?, PA, USA; other sources quote Sussex, England. She died at PA, USA.
The eight known children of John Linville (3273) and Ann (--?--) (3278) were as follows:
4. i. Thomas LINVILLE (3279) was born between 1706 and 1707 at Chichester Twp, Chester Co., PA, USA. He married Hannah (--?--) (3295) between 1728 and 1730 at St Pauls Episcopal Church, Chester Co., PA, USA, when age calculated as 23 years.
He died circa 1773 at NC, USA, when age calculated as 67 years.
ii. Christian LINVILLE (3280) was born circa 1708 at possibly PA, USA.
5. iii. John LINVILLE (20117) was born in 1714 at Chester Co., PA, USA. He married Maria Christina Stephens (20118) on Fri. 3 May 1737 at Shenandoah, Frederick Co., VA, USA, when age calculated as 23 years.
He died between 1757 and 1777 at VA, USA, when age calculated as 53 years.
iv. Ann LINVILLE (20123) was born in 1714 at Chester Co., PA, USA. She married Henry Hendricks (20124) in 1730 when age calculated as 16 years.
She died after 26 Nov 1766 at NC?, USA, when age calculated as 52 years.
Henry HENDRICKS (20124) was born before 1710.
6. v. William D. LINVILLE (3281) was born between 1718 and 1725 at Shenandoah Valley, Opequon Creek, VA, USA. He married Eleanor Bryan (3298), daughter of Morgan Bryan (3457) and Martha Strode (3458), between 1738 and 1746 at PA or VA, USA, when age calculated as 21 years.
He died in Jul 1766 at Linville Falls, Avery, Stokes Co., NC, USA, when age calculated as 45 years
He and son John and a friend went into Blue Ridge Mountains in July 1766 to hunt for pelts.
While in camp William had a dream about being killed by Indians and awoke to tell the dream to his son and friend, only to find that they were under attack by Cherokees. William and his son John were killed while John Williams, the friend, was wounded and returned to the settlement to tell the story of the killings at the falls. Linville Falls was named after them in memory of the incident. (How William found time to tell of the dream before being killed is not explained).
vi. Lydia LINVILLE (20125) was born in 1720 in the USA. She married Samuel Richey (20126) on Fri. 10 Aug 1736 at DE, USA, when age calculated as 16 years.
She married William Mearns (20127) in 1740 at PA, USA, when age calculated as 20 years.
She died before 31 Aug 1762 at York Co., PA, USA, when age calculated as 42 years.
She was married 2 times.
Samuel RICHEY (20126) was born before 1716.
William MEARNS (20127) was born before 1720.
7. vii. Alice LINVILLE (20130) was born in 1722 at Conestoga, PA, USA. She married Joseph Bryan (20154), son of Morgan Bryan (20155) and Martha Strode (20156), in 1738 in the USA when age calculated as 16 years.
She died circa 4 Mar 1807 at Jefferson Co., KY, USA, when age calculated as 85 years.
8. viii. Agnes LINVILLE (20128) was born in 1730 at Lancaster Co., PA, USA. She married David Hindman (20129) on Mon. 16 Aug 1756 at Lancaster Co., PA, USA, when age calculated as 26 years.
She died in 1806 in the USA when age calculated as 76 years.
3. Thomas LINVILLE (3272) (Richard) was born on Sat. 9 Dec 1679 at Omny, SSX, ENG; other sources quote 1677. "Omny" is probably a mistrancription of Bolney. He married Dinah Richards (3274), daughter of Joseph Richards (3423) and Mary Condrun (3424), on Fri. 9 Feb 1714 at St Paul's Episcopal Church, Chester, PA, USA, when age calculated as 34 years and 2 months other sources quote 9 Feb 1713.
He died after 1747 at Chester, PA, USA, when age calculated as 68 years.
He immigrated before 1714 to USA. He and Dinah Richards (3274) had 4 sons.
He was a laborer.
Dinah RICHARDS (3274) was born between 1679 and 1696 at probably Chichester, Chester Co., PA, USA. She died before 1747 when age calculated as 60 years.
The four known children of Thomas Linville (3272) and Dinah Richards (3274) all born at Chester, PA, USA, were as follows:
9. i. Thomas LINVILLE (3275) was born in 1718. He married Ann Scarlet (3282), daughter of Shadrack Scarlet (3283) and Phebe Bowater (3284), circa 1754 in the USA when age calculated as 36 years.
10. ii. Joseph LINVILLE (3276) was born in 1720. He married female Mulligan (3287) after 1740 in the USA when age calculated as 20 years although it is not certain that the Joseph who married was the son of Thomas and Dinah.
11. iii. William LINVILL (3277) was born in 1722. He married Mary Donaldson (3293) on Wed. 17 Jan 1753 at Darby, PA, USA, when age calculated as 31 years.
He died after 1773 when age calculated as 51 years.
12. iv. Edward LINVILLE (3425) was born in 1724. He married Jane Collett (20220) on Fri. 7 Mar 1755 at DE, USA, when age calculated as 31 years.
He died after 1788 when age calculated as 64 years.